Celebrating the holiday season with your loved ones can absolutely bring joy & happiness. However, for so many people it also becomes a time for over-eating and weight gain. By following these few simple tips, you’ll be able to stay healthy through the holiday season:
- Be realistic. Try to maintain your weight instead of trying to lose weight.
- Choose a smaller plate to help with portion control. You’ll be less likely to over eat but can still enjoy the food available. Also, begin your meal with a salad or some fruits before moving on to the main dish as this will help you eat less.
- Holidays can be a stressful time for some people, don’t forget to stay active and exercise regularly. The endorphins released while working out will make you feel good but exercising will also help to prevent weight gain.
- Before attending a party have a light snack so that you don’t over indulge when it’s time to eat. It is also important to not skip meals throughout the day, having breakfast or lunch that is packed with nutrients will make it easier to avoid over eating.
- Don’t stuff yourself, eat until you are satisfied- Take smaller bites and chew thoroughly, you may find that you get full faster and may not even want to go for seconds